Free UK Delivery On Orders Over £50 Fabrics Sold Per Half Metre Free UK delivery on All Pattern Only Orders Orders placed 21.11.19 will be despatched 24.11.19
Terms & Conditions
"Content" means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site; "User" means a user of Our Site; "User Content" means any content submitted to Our Site by Users including, but not limited to, product reviews, comments, and photographs of their makes. "We/Us/Our" means Material Girl Laura [, a company registered in England under, whose registered address is 63 Station Hill .
2. Information About Us 2.1 Our Site, www.materialgirllaura.co.uk, is [owned and] operated by Material Girl Laura, whose registered address is 63 Station Hill.
3. Access to Our Site 3.1 Access to Our Site is free of charge. 3.2 It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site. 3.3 Access to Our Site is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
5. User Content 5.1 User Content on Our Site includes (but is not necessarily limited to) product reviews, comments, photographs of makes. 5.2 You agree that you will be solely responsible for your User Content. Specifically, you agree, represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the User Content and that all such User Content will comply with Our Acceptable Usage Policy, detailed below in Clause 11. 5.3 You agree that you will be liable to Us and will, to the fullest extent permissible by law, indemnify Us for any breach of the warranties given by you under sub-Clause 6.3. You will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Us as a result of such breach. 5.4 You (or your licensors, as appropriate) retain ownership of your User Content and all intellectual property rights subsisting therein. When you submit User Content you grant Us an unconditional, non-exclusive, fully transferrable, royalty-free, perpetual, [irrevocable,] worldwide licence to use, store, archive, syndicate, publish, transmit, adapt, edit, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works from, display, perform and sub-licence your User Content for the purposes of operating and promoting Our Site. In addition, you also grant Other Users the right to copy and quote your User Content within Our Site. 5.5 If you wish to remove User Content from Our Site, the User Content in question will be [deleted] OR [anonymised by removing your username and avatar. Please note, however, that caching or references to your User Content may not be made immediately unavailable (or may not be made unavailable at all where they are outside of Our reasonable control). 5.6 We may reject, reclassify, or remove any User Content from Our Site where, in Our sole opinion, it violates Our Acceptable Usage Policy, or if We receive a complaint from a third party and determine that the User Content in question should be removed as a result.
6. Links to Our Site 6.1 You may link to Our Site provided that: 6.1.1 you do so in a fair and legal manner; 6.1.2 you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists; 6.1.3 you do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and 6.1.4 you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
6.2 [You may not link to any page other than the homepage of Our Site, www.materialgirllaura.co.uk Deep-linking to other pages requires Our express written permission. Please contact Us at email@example.com for further information.] 6.3 [Framing or embedding of Our Site on other websites is not permitted without Our express written permission. Please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.] 6.4 You may not link to Our Site from any other site the main content of which contains material that: 6.4.1 [is sexually explicit]; 6.4.2 is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory; 6.4.3 promotes violence; 6.4.4 promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity; 6.4.5 discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; 6.4.6 is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person; 6.4.7 is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person; 6.4.8 is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person's privacy; 6.4.9 misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 7.4); 6.4.10 implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists; 6.4.11 infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or 6.4.12 is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence. 6.5 [The content restrictions in sub-Clause 7.4 do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions of sub-Clause 7.4. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.]
7. Links to Other Sites Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
8. Disclaimers 8.1 Nothing on Our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. [Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action [relating to sewing procedures, sewing hints and tips and fabric washing guidelines] OR [on the basis of any information provided on Our Site].] 8.2 Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. If, as a result of Our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from Our Site damages your device or other digital content belonging to you, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office. 8.3 We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. 8.4 We are not responsible for the content or accuracy, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in User Content. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant User and do not reflect Our opinions, views, or values in any way.
10. Viruses, Malware and Security 10.1 We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware. 10.2 You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks. 10.3 You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site. 10.4 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site. 10.5 You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means. 10.6 By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 10.3 to 10.5, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
16. Data Protection 16.1 Any and all personal information that We may collect will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights and Our obligations under that Act. 16.2 We may use your personal information to: 16.2.1 Reply to any communications you send to Us; 16.2.2 Send you important notices, as detailed in Clause 16; 16.2.3 Email marketing if you have requested this on our website. 16.3 We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties.
This is to ensure that experience using the website is the best possible.
You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading our cookie declaration.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser? You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser? Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page
PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket
trackingcode - If you visited us by clicking on a link on a site e.g. an advert. We sometimes store the origin of your click so we can monitor which marketing is most effective.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.